General / Introduction
In cooperation with our hosting provider, we endeavor to protect our databases as best possible from unauthorized access, loss, abuse and falsification.
We would like to point out that data transmission over the Internet (e.g., when communicating by e-mail) can be subject to security vulnerabilities. Complete protection of data against access by third parties is not possible.
By using this website, you consent to the collection, processing and use of data in accordance with the following description below. This website does not require registration. Data such as pages accessed or names of of files accessed, date and time are stored on the server for statistical purposes without this data being directly related to your person. As far possible, personal data (e.g. name, address or e-mail addresses) collected is done on a voluntary basis. This data will not be passed on to third parties without your express consent.
Processing of Personal Data
Personal data is all information that refers to an identified or identifiable person, also known as a data subject. A data subject is a person about whom personal data is processed. Processing includes any handling of personal data regardless of means and procedures used for processing, in particular the storage, disclosure, procurement, deletion, maintenance, alteration, destruction and use of personal data.
We process personal data in accordance with Swiss data protection laws. Insofar as the EU-GDPR is applicable, we process personal data on the following additional legal bases in conjunction with Art. 6 (1) GDPR:
- lit. a) Processing of personal data with the consent of the data subject.
- lit. b) Processing of personal data for the performance of a contract with the data subject and for the implementation of corresponding precontractual measures.
- lit. c) Processing of personal data to fulfill a legal obligation to which we are subject under any applicable EU law or under any applicable law of a country in which the GDPR is fully or partially applicable.
- lit. d) Processing of personal data to protect the vital interests of the data subject or another natural person.
- lit. f) Processing of personal data to protect the legitimate interests pursued by us or by a third party, except where such interests are overridden by the fundamental freedoms and rights and interests of the data subject. Legitimate interests include, in particular, our business interest in maintaining our website, information security as well as asserting our own legal claims and compliance with Swiss law.
We process personal data for the duration necessary for the purpose or purposes in question. In the case of longer-term storage obligations due to legal and other obligations to which we are subject, we restrict processing accordingly.
The Transmission of Data to Third Countries
We do not transmit data to third countries.
Use of SSL/TLS encryption
This website uses SSL/TLS encryption for security reasons and to protect the transmission of confidential content, such as requests that you send to us as the website operator. You can recognize an encrypted connection by the fact that the address line of the browser changes from "http://" to "https://" and by the lock symbol in your browser line.
If SSL or TLS encryption is activated, the data you transmit to us cannot be read by third parties.
Server Log Files
To deliver reliable and seamless services in compliance with the law, our host provider creates server log files that contain information, such as:
- IP addresses,
- date and time,
- protocol information, including protocol type, protocol version, the desired action, status codes or information on transmitted data (e.g. the size of a question or answer);
- error messages,
- application-specific information, such as message IDs for e-mails or, in the case of web access, details of the browser used (user-agent string) or, if applicable, the page from which the visitor accessed the website.
This applies not only to interactions with websites, but also to all our services such as e-mail (SMTP, POP, IMAP), FTP, SSH, etc.
Our host provider uses this information, among other things, to track and solve technical problems, to find human errors, to defend against attacks on our infrastructure, to support post-mortem analyses of hacked customer websites or to compile visitor statistics for websites.
The data remains on our systems until it is no longer need for operational purposes and the statutory or contractual deadlines have expired, after which it is automatically deleted. For most data, this is a maximum of six months.
This data cannot be attributed to specific persons. The data is also not consolidated with other data sources. We reserve the right to check this data retrospectively if we become aware of specific indications of unlawful use.
Rights of the Data Subject
Right to Confirmation
Each data subject has the right to obtain confirmation whether the operator of this website processes personal data relating to him or her. To exercise your right to confirmation, contact us at any time by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to Information
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to obtain information from the operator of this website about the personal data being stored, as well as a copy of this information, at any time and free of charge. In addition, information about the following points can be provided:
- the purposes of the processing,
- the categories of personal data processed,
- the recipients to whom the personal data have been or will be disclosed,
- the duration for which the personal data will be stored or the criteria for defining that duration,
- the existence of the right to request the controller correct, delete or restrict the processing of personal data relating to the data subject, or to object to such processing,
- the existence of the right to lodge a complaint with a supervisory authority,
- all available information about the origin of personal data if it is not collected from the data subject.
The data subject also has the right to be informed whether personal data has been transferred to a third country or to an international organization, as well as the right to be informed of the appropriate
relating to any such transfer.
To exercise your right to information, contact us at any time by e-mail (email@example.com).
Right to Correction
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to demand the immediate correction of incorrect personal data relating to them, and the right to request the completion of incomplete personal data, including by means of a supplementary statement, taking into account the purposes of the processing.
To exercise your right to correction, contact us at any time by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to Deletion (Right to be forgotten)
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to demand the controller of this website delete personal data relating to him or her without undue delay, provided one of the following grounds applies and the processing is no longer necessary:
- the personal data have been collected or otherwise processed for purposes for which they are no longer necessary,
- the data subject withdraws the consent on which the processing was based and there is no other legal basis for the processing,
- the data subject objects to the processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation and there are no overriding legitimate grounds for the processing, or the data subject objects to the processing in the case of direct marketing and associated profiling,
- the personal data has been processed unlawfully,
- the deletion of personal data is required to fulfill a legal obligation in accordance with European Union or Member State law to which the controller is subject,
- the personal data were collected in relation to the offer of information society services directly addressed to a child.
If one of the above reasons applies, to exercise your right to deletion contact us at any time by email (email@example.com).
Right to Restrict Processing
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to demand the controller of this website restrict processing if one of the following conditions is met:
- the accuracy of the personal data is disputed by the data subject for a period that enables the operator to verify the accuracy of the personal data,
- the processing is unlawful and the data subject requests the use of their personal data be restricted instead of erased,
- the controller no longer requires the personal data for the purposes of processing, yet the data subject requires it for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims; or
- the data subject has objected to processing on grounds relating to his or her particular situation and it is not yet clear whether the legitimate interests of the controller override those of the data subject.
If one of the above conditions applies, to exercise your right to restrict the processing your personal data contact us at any time by e-mail (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to Datay Portability
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to receive the personal data concerning him or her in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format. In addition, the data subject has the right to have the personal data transmitted directly from one controller to another, where technically feasible and provided that this does not adversely affect the rights and freedoms of others. To exercise your right to data portability, contact us at any time by e-mail (email@example.com).
Right to Object
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to object at any time on grounds relating to his or her particular situation.
In the event of an objection, the operator of this website will no longer process your personal data unless they can demonstrate compelling legitimate grounds which override the interests, rights and freedoms of the data subject or for asserting, exercising or defending legal claims. To exercise your right to object, contact us at any time by email (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Right to withdraw Consent under Data Protection Law
Any person whose personal data is processed has the right to withdraw their consent to the processing of personal data at any time. To exercise your right to withdraw consent, contact us at any time by e-mail (email@example.com).